Are you interested in early retirement? Today, I have a great interview with Kristy Shen, who retired with $1,000,000 at the age of 31.
You probably know Kristy from the blog Millennial Revolution. Millennial Revolution is a popular early retirement resource, so I’m excited to share this interview with you on how she reached early retirement.
In this interview, you’ll learn:
- How they calculated how much money to save
- What made them want to retire early
- Whether they live comfortably or not
- How much time they spend traveling
- The careers they had before early retirement
- The sacrifices they had to make
This interview is packed full of valuable information on reaching early retirement.
1. Tell me your story. Who are you and what do you do? Can you go into detail on how much you saved for early retirement, how you chose that amount, etc.?
We are Kristy and Bryce, and we are world-traveling early retirees, having left the rat race in our early 30s back in 2015.
We were both working as computer engineers, but after almost a decade of trying to follow the “traditional career path” of buying a house and working until we’re 65 to pay it off, we realized that those old rules didn’t really work for our generation and we tried something different.
So we saved and invested our money instead, and when our portfolio hit $1,000,000, we retired and never looked back.